Saturday, February 14, 2015

Computer Game for 5th Edition D&D - Sword Coast Legends

A new D&D computer game has been announced and is available for pre-order. Here is a link to the info. Sword Coast Legends (horrible name) looks like it will play similar to the Baldur's Gate, and Never Winter Nights games.

The one drawback in my opinion is the need to be logged into Steam to play the game. While that isn't even close to a deal breaker, I love the Left 4 Dead stuff and it requires the same, I do find the "must be logged in" requirement for games an appalling trend.

The game allows 1 to 4 players, and there is also a Dungeon Master mode so someone can run adventures in the game. My group has a history of messing with the NWN games this way periodically and in all likelihood we might end up doing the same with this game as well.

Oh, and I bet Magic Missile will be the best combat spell in the computer game too!

No comments: